Sunday, April 03, 2005

The Pope's Passing

In case you've been residing on another planet the pope has passed on. I regret his passing. (Mourn is the wrong word - how can you mourn someone you don't personally know). I am a lapsed Catholic. I was so devout at one point that I seriously contemplated becoming a nun. Many people on a certain forum I frequent are wondering why the news is being given such extensive coverage when millions of people on the planet are suffering as a result of various catastrophic events. Well, guess what, guys, I feel the same when a politician dies or a member of the Royal Family. And I certainly felt that way when 'Saint' Diana died.

I have read extensively about Karol Wojtyla's life and his remarkable activities in WWII made him an 'asset to the human race' in themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home